Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Sanity Savers

Two of my favorite things I've fully implemented this year are my "Do Now" board and my entrance table. Both of these greatly help me to save time at the beginning of class, and during class, so I can spend as much time on instruction as possible.

As I said in an earlier post, I train students the first day to pick up a copy of everything that is laid out on my white table by the door.

Close up of what I laid out yesterday 

This is an example of a day with a lot of paper. Usually they are picking up 2-3 pages.




Then they are supposed to read the board and do what it says...now (thus the name =P)


Don't you love my beautiful handwriting? Sadly that is me trying a bit. Sometimes I'll also be projecting something for them to read/copy/consider.


These take a couple extra minutes to set up in the morning, but it makes everything else run more smoothly.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I am going to try and do this with my room and with my students. Take up so much time distributing materials and collecting them. Hopefully I can cut down on that time and keep all the supplies.

    ReplyDelete